Crane and Walton LLP (solicitors) are looking to recruit for a Receptionist/Office Administrator to work on a permanent basis in their busy office environment.
Duties and responsibilities
Under general direction of the LLP Members, the post holder is responsible for the following:
• The post holder will be the main receptionist and switchboard operator for the office with responsibility for ensuring professional and polite first contact with service providers, existing and potential clients of our lawyers.
• Operate telephone switchboard confidently with the ability to ascertain key information necessary for lawyers including taking and screening incoming calls, note taking and/or message and assist independently where possible.
• Receiving visitors to the office and provide refreshments and general assistance including answering routine questions, referring calls/visitors as required
• Manage and pro-actively attend to reception/office administration inclusive of archiving of files and legal documents, data entry of records into the practice management systems and storage of files and documents.
• Attend to keeping reception and client facing areas (i.e.) meeting rooms, clean, tidy and professionally presentable.
• Oversee management of meeting room booking and diary management and organisation of meetings providing details of initial client requirements (i.e.) what documentation/information to bring and replenishing office supplies.
• Carry out administrative and clerical tasks including postal duties and opening correspondence/mail including document creation, photocopying, scanning, and sending emails, and faxes and making telephone calls when required.
• Confident email and word processing user with experience of Microsoft Office/Outlook packages and databases including Word/Excel. Typing letters and documents with accuracy.
• Maintaining file retrieval system and collection of documentation from safekeeping in strong room/archives.
• Carry out all office and client related duties with the highest standards of courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism.
• Maintain database of staff holidays requests and of staff sick leave and provide monthly report to LLP members
• Understand the use and functionality of our practice management system for payment requests and receipts.
• Organisation of office related events.
• Liaise and communicate with other offices regarding administration matters.
• Promote teamwork through positive and enthusiastic precipitation in group working, mutual support and meetings.
• Participate in and contribute to the development of general office protocols, systems and standards of best practice at work.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
• Comply with all legislative requirements and the firms, policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
• Five GCSE including Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
• Professional, polite and attentive telephone manner at all times.
• Self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised and use own intuitive with confidence and understanding.
• Strong organisational skills including time management, proven ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and cope well under pressure to assist in meeting tight/unexpected deadlines.
• High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Significant and demonstrable secretarial/administrative experience including arranging meetings, maintaining complex/multiple diaries and minute taking.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing and prepare documents to a high standard
• Strong team player with flexible approach.
• Demonstrate an enthusiasm, willingness, and interest in learning new skills and progressing.
24 De Montfort Street Leicester LE1 7GB
Permanent; Full time role
Starting salary will be the minimum wage,this will be reviewed in line with Crane & Walton's usual procedures depending on the employees performance
How to apply
To apply : Full CV and concise cover letter by email to email@example.com or by post to 24 De Montfort Street, Leicester LE1 7GB