1No current vacanciesDate added: 31/08/2018
Support Staff Vacancies
2Administration ApprenticeshipDate added: 30/11/2018
Brief overview of the role
The first point of contact for clients dealing with enquiries in person or by telephone. Also general office duties including archiving, document creation, diary management.
• Working week
o 35 Hours, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
o Total hours per week: 35.00
• Expected apprenticeship duration of
• Possible start date- ASAP
• Apprenticeship level
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
• Reference number
• Positions- 1 available
Duties will include:
• Operate switchboard politely and confidently with the ability to ascertain key information necessary for fee-earners including taking notes and/or messages and assist independently, where possible
• Greet people to the office and provide refreshments or assistance
• Manage general office/reception administration inclusive of storing and archiving of documents and updating/data entry into our storage computer system
• Keep reception and client facing areas (meeting rooms etc.) clean, tidy and presentable
• Oversee management of meeting room bookings and diary management and organizing of meetings providing details of initial client requirements i.e. what to bring/information to have at an initial meeting
• Carry out any other administrative and clerical duties as/when required inclusive of document creation
• Photocopying/scanning and postal duties inclusive of replenishing supplies
Requirements and prospects
• Very organised.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
• Extremely good computer skills, with a good level of English, spelling and grammar.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to use initiative but also to know when to refer an issue to someone else.
• Eager to learn.
• Trustworthy and honest.
• GCSE Grade A*-C English.
• GCSE Grade A*-C Maths.
• (Or equivalents).
• Advanced apprenticeship.
• The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
Questions for candidates;
The training for the apprenticeship includes undertaking qualifications while working full-time, and may at times be demanding. How would you organise yourself to balance your study and job, and ensure you complete your work on time?
Is there anything we haven’t asked you that you would like to tell us about yourself to support your application?
CRANE AND WALTON LLP
Training to be provided
• Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Technical Certificate
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Training provider and applications to;
SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE via online portal
3Receptionist/Office AdministratorDate added: 30/11/2018
Duties and responsibilities
Under general direction of the LLP Members the post holder is responsible for;
• The post holder will be the main receptionist and switchboard operator for the office with responsibility for ensuring professional and polite first contact with service providers, existing and potential clients of our lawyers.
• Operate telephone switchboard confidently with the ability to ascertain key information necessary for lawyers including taking and screening incoming calls, note taking and/or message and assist independently where possible.
• Receiving visitors to the office and provide refreshments and general assistance including answering routine questions, referring calls/visitors as required
• Manage and pro-actively attend to reception/office administration inclusive of archiving of files and legal documents, data entry of records into the practice management systems and storage of files and documents.
• Attend to keeping reception and client facing areas (i.e.) meeting rooms, clean, tidy and professionally presentable.
• Oversee management of meeting room booking and diary management and organisation of meetings providing details of initial client requirements (i.e.) what documentation/information to bring and replenishing office supplies.
• Carry out administrative and clerical tasks including postal duties and opening correspondence/mail including document creation, photocopying, scanning, sending emails, faxes and making telephone calls when required.
• Maintaining file retrieval system and collection of documentation from safe-keeping in strong room/archives.
• Carry out all office and client related duties with the highest standards of courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism.
• Maintain database of staff holidays requests and of staff sick leave and provide monthly report to LLP members
• Understand the use and functionality of our practice management system for payment requests and receipts.
• Organisation of office related events.
• Liaise and communicate with other offices regarding administration matters.
• Promote team-working through positive and enthusiastic precipitation in group working, mutual support and meetings.
• Participate in and contribute to the development of general office protocols, systems and standards of best practice at work.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
• Comply with all legislative requirements and the firms policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
• Five GCSE’s including Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
• Professional, polite and attentive telephone manner at all times.
• Confident email and word processing user with experience of Microsoft Office/Outlook packages and databases including Word/Excel.
• Self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised and use own intuitive with confidence and understanding.
• Strong organisational skills including time management, proven ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and cope well under pressure to assist in meeting tight/unexpected deadlines.
• High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Significant and demonstrable secretarial/administrative experience including arranging meetings, maintaining complex/multiple diaries and minute taking.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing and prepare documents to a high standard
• Strong team player with flexible approach.
• Demonstrate an enthusiasm and willingness and interest in learning new skills and progressing.
Crane and Walton LLP, 113-117 London Road, Leicester LE2 0RG
How to apply
Full CV and concise cover letter by email to email@example.com or by post to Crane and Walton LLP, 113-117 London Road, Leicester LE2 0RG
Ashby30 South Street
Ashby de la Zouch
Leicester113 - 117 London Road
Coalville21 - 25 London Road